Friday, 21 May 2010

What The Banker's Can Never Understand

Whilst hanging around Bloomsbury on Thursday waiting to see Marina & the Diamonds (of which more later) I had a quick look inside the British Museum.

All I can say is WOW; Adam Smith clearly knew nothing when he talked about the Wealth of Nations being measured in economic terms, Museums are where we really find the true wealth of the World (we shall put aside the touchy subject of why the treasures of the ancient Egyptian, Greek, Assyrian world etc.. should reside in London). The British Museum is and epic space.

The Rosetta Stone that enabled the decoding of Egyptian hieroglyphics the first thing you see when you walk in the door.

I actually felt a surge of emotion as I walked into the Egyptian gallery and the history and anthropology of Human Kind confronted me on all sides. The beauty of the objects and skill with which they have been created leaves me in awe of the creativity and imagination of our race.

Half an hour barely allowed me to touch the surface, but inspired me to go back for more.

It's free as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment